Thursday, August 7, 2008

Feather Obsession





Back in May, I found a feather while we were hiking. Does it sound crazy that it gave me a very special feeling as if i was receiving a gift? I found so much beauty in it--- ever since, whenever I go walk the dogs, go on a hike or whatever I am constantly on the lookout and I find so many.... I can't even count them:


pigeon feathers, dove feathers, duck feathers, crow feathers, turkey feathers, geese feathers, pheasant feathers. BUT these past few days have been UNREAL, I don't know if the blue jays are going through a "molting" phase but as of today I have a total of 40 bright blue blue jay feathers. I have to figure out how to make something from them.... maybe a cool

mobile or talisman.

1 comment:

Pam said...

You could make a headdress for Oso with the feathers. Did you know that it is illegal to pick up a feather from a bald eagle in Alaska? You have to leave it on the ground.